Eight 10s is “... a reminder of the prodigious playwriting talent out there, the accomplished actors and directors we have here, and it exposes Tucsonans to new and exciting works.”
Kathleen Allen, Arizona Daily Star - April 30, 2019
Thank you for your interest in submitting to the second annual Eight 10s in Tucson 10-minute Play Festival.
Our inaugural festival drew more than 350 scripts for consideration. Selecting eight plays for production was a challenge, but a challenge made even more difficult by having so many really great stories to choose from.
The submissions period for this year's festival is now open (as of 12:01am PST, August 1, 2019) and will remain open through the month of August or until a maximum of 300 qualified scripts have been received, whichever occurs first. And, as before, there are no submission fees.
Submissions will be accepted ONLY through the official Eight 10s Submissions Form. Any scripts submitted through any other channels will be rejected without notification.
IMPORTANT: Please review the guidelines below BEFORE you submit your script!
- IMPORTANT: ALL SCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED "BLIND"
No identifiable personal information (names, addresses, titles, theater names, industry associations, review quotes, endorsements, dedications, etc.) may appear anywhere in the script
- A TITLE PAGE is required AND that title page must include ONLY the name of the play
- A character synopsis is required on a separate page that MUST immediately follow the title page; including a logline is acceptable
- Script should be written so as to have a minimum run-time of 8 (eight) minutes up to a maximum of 10 (ten) minutes
- Submissions must be original works
- All themes/genres accepted
- Legal clearance of materials is the full responsibility of the playwright
- Standard Dramatists Guild play formatting is required (fonts, margins, page numbering, etc.) - see link below
- Scripts must be submitted as PDF files (no exceptions)
- ONLY 1 (ONE) submission per playwright